Craft Pimp

• July 25, 2017, 01:37:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 52 things week 49  (Read 666 times)

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
52 things week 49
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »

My Christmas list is very short, either it has to be bought because they won't appreciate hand made, or it's 'swap the tenner' in a card, but this year nephew and sister are getting handmade because, well I can't be faffed to schlep round shops in the current situation, nor get creative online so if they don't like it the charity shops will.  This week's makes are their Christmas presents.  Unless this weekend's fair goes well when I will sell and have to remake - I have until next Friday to deliver, nephew in Manchester and not coming down until Saturday.  Not that I will see nephew, not seen in years but he does send a present (really hot curry kits from The Spicery, same every year, don't eat hot curry, given up mentioning we'd prefer milder curries), and sis will appear a few times a year from 4 miles away just to check the children's inheritance is safe.  My first 2016 make is going to be a new will, must do as I keep saying I will do and make sure it goes to an animal charity.  You probably think I am kidding, sis really believes and frequently mentions that her 2 very wealthy kids must be sole beneficiaries because we don't have kids of our own.  Now you know why we are Bah Humbug!

I suspect you will all be far more appreciate that they will be.  I am available for adoption and would happily divorce my family.

Nephew and young family is getting

Week 49 by Sue Harris, on Flickr

Sister is getting (bet it's the wrong colour - I will be told) - yes, a remake of something earlier

week 41 - more coasters, different colour by Sue Harris, on Flickr
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
Re: 52 things week 49
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 01:06:21 PM »

They should consider themselves lucky, I would!

I'll adopt ya Sue, and you can still leave it all to animal charities  ;) :-*

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 04:21:11 PM »

Well I like em :D

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:34:29 PM »

I am gobsmacked by the unbelievable crassness of assuming your kids will inherit from someone else! I would be honored to get coasters like those. especially the last pair. but I am a handmade nut like everyone else here. I have relatives who don't go for handmade. "Craft" being so base and degrading and "Fine Art" the thing have. And you can't be an artist if you do craft. pfffffffffffffffft to them I say. You are adopted here in craft pimp big time, by all of us.

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 08:19:24 PM »

I agree Julia - sadly, far too common with families of those who don't have kids.  An elderly friend of mine has the same duty visits, just to make sure she remembers who to leave it to.  And when I was caring for her when she had a stroke and a heart attack they accused me of being after her money!

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 12:29:16 AM »

Happy to be adopted with any of you guys :)  I'll even make you coasters and lemon cakes.  Believe me, most of my family are like this.  My 1/2 bro challenged my father dying intestate because it would go to his step mother, another 1/2 bro turned up in my mother's last few days just in case ( rarely otherwise seen as he didn't like his step mother), and I had an aunt call me a money grabbing townie because I wouldn't share an inheritance with someone not named in the will (neither her daughter nor my sister were expected to share their 1/3) although she was later very annoyed that the daughter's 1/3 wiped out their income support :o

Perhaps that's why I am generally supportive of a lot of causes, someone in the family has to do it. I might be a lot of things but mean isn't one of them.

I might have key rings in the kiln for next week, if I manage not to break them this time.

Adopter - just send address, colour preference for coasters and how many lemon cakes needed ;) can I bring my cats?  Husband is an optional extra but no good at DIY.
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »

Yeah, my family has some of those, namely my uncle and pseudo uncle (my aunts dumped off with my Nan's son), they got my then Alzheimers nan to sign control of her estate over to them and then promptly sold the bungalow and nicked all of her money, including pensions.  Then turned up at her funeral years later crying crocodile tears.  Probably because my mum ordered the most expensive funeral possible and had the bill sent to them ....  :D