Author Topic: 52 things week 48  (Read 949 times)

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
52 things week 48
« on: November 30, 2015, 12:47:24 PM »
I've not been near my torch in weeks, can't see that happening until after Christmas now.  I'm sure you are sick of Christmas decorations and coasters, I am!  So I made some more key rings as they almost sold out the previous week's fair - and following the age old BBS tradition, hardly sold one at the fair yesterday.  Here's some of them. 

week 48 by Sue Harris, on Flickr

Not sure what will happen from here on in, have a very poorly cat, can't concentrate on much whilst we wait for test results, but not looking good.  I start chemo pills for my Crohns Disease on December 12th and have been warned (hence choosing the date of the last fair) that they will initially make me pretty rough.  So if I bow out after here, I don't feel I've done too badly and will give it all another go next year.
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
Re: 52 things week 48
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 02:01:10 PM »
That's rough Sue - methotrexate by any chance?  If so, give me a yell if you need any help, will probably just make you feel a bit sick, and a bit tired.  I hope the news isn't too bad with your cat, will be thinking of you x

FionaS

• WINIBI
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:51:39 PM »
Lovely keyrings Sue.  I hope the chemo goes well and doesn't make you feel too sick and good luck with your cat.  I hope the test results come back better than you're thinking they will. xx

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »
I'll be on Azathiaprine (Imuran) think it is different to Methotrexate.  If I cant take this they move me onto mercaptopurine which I think is the same stuff once your body has had a go at it.  It's an immune-suppresant and according to the Doc, dont start until I finish fairs as I will be pretty sick at first.  Weekly blood tests at first as it can affect your bone marrow?  All a bit of a mystery at the moment, get to speak to the consultant at the end of December and my GP mid January. 

Ted, still waiting for tests but he looks a lot better, albeit stoned on Buprenorphine.  The vet said not to expect good news as he also has/had pancreatitis  (two forms, one fatal in cats) hence the opiates.  Our favourite vet is on holiday this week so as things stand, so long as we can get more opiates, we would rather see Rob next week for a more balanced view than we will get from the other vet.  We're a bit of a mess tbh as he is the other, now nearly blind, cat's eyes and mentor.  Suspect we will end up losing both :'(

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 08:50:20 PM »
Bless, what a dreadful time for you.  Hugs x

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 10:20:11 PM »
I am so sorry to hear that you have Crohns Disease Sue. I hope the chemo helps you quickly and that you don't feel too rough on it. Sad news about Ted, hugs from me xxx

Cornish

• Magic happens
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 10:21:37 PM »
Aw hell Sue big hugs lovely, and as to the Crohns I have a couple of friends and family with it and there are times you just need to focus on you. You've been an inspiration and kept me going with the challenge thank you   :-* xx

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 03:18:31 PM »
My stepdad has Crohns, he has flares every so often, but once it is under control he is really well.  It's a rotten disease but they are getting better at treating it  :-*

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 04:08:53 PM »
Thank you my lovelies :)  I'm sure I'll be fine.  Never thought I was an inspiration to anyone :o :D

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 07:03:17 PM »
You absolutely are - you always put your head down and keep going until you've mastered something.   ;D