Craft Pimp

• July 26, 2017, 11:33:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 52 things week 38  (Read 1895 times)

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
Re: 52 things week 38
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 05:22:15 PM »

I like the bubbles Sue, they add something, it's obvious in the photo the bubbles are there, i think sje is trying it on wanting 4 for the price of 2. I insist she return them.
I've just got in from a day at the flower show and don't have the link but if you google system 96 glass bubble squeeze you should find a firing shedule.
Oh I have found it
http://www.system96.com/Pages/FiringGuideC.html

I still got bubbles though. I put the streaky glass on top and clear underneath because the streaky is uneven and I'd expect bubbles, but on the down side I got a few tiny pinholes so was thinking of putting clear on top next time. I will put something in my blurb that bubbles could be a possibility.

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 06:04:43 PM »

I think they look beautiful, bubbles and all - yep, she's taking the you know what.  Get her to send them back and refund them, I'd be damned if I'd let her profit from it, personally I'd take the hit out of sheer cussedness.  ::)

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 11:25:19 PM »

I like the bubbles Sue, they add something, it's obvious in the photo the bubbles are there, i think sje is trying it on wanting 4 for the price of 2. I insist she return them.
I've just got in from a day at the flower show and don't have the link but if you google system 96 glass bubble squeeze you should find a firing shedule.
Oh I have found it
http://www.system96.com/Pages/FiringGuideC.html

I still got bubbles though. I put the streaky glass on top and clear underneath because the streaky is uneven and I'd expect bubbles, but on the down side I got a few tiny pinholes so was thinking of putting clear on top next time. I will put something in my blurb that bubbles could be a possibility.

Thanks for that Jill, and yes I need to put something about bubbles. I put the clear on top. Had an enquiry about another set this evening, my heart sank, but should not be, it is a gorgeous glass. Hopefully I can get more, was only there today, they'll think I am stalking them!
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 07:55:09 AM »

Yes get back in the saddle, they are gorgeous and you are getting buyers. That's all good, just take a deep breath and do it  ;)

Cornish

• Magic happens
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »

I like the bubbles in the coaster Sue and your pendants and glass bails are brilliant.
Yummy place mat and coaster Jill

I made this doll for my Mum's birthday, though it was a few days late  ::) This should be week 37 too as it took two weeks to make.

Fairy Delight by Victoria Tierney, on Flickr

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 01:51:53 PM »

She's just lovely Vic - love the fabrics you've used, she is cute and classy  ;D

FionaS

• WINIBI
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 04:03:44 PM »

She's lovely Vic. Bet your mum loved it.

nemeton

• Hi, I'm Lynn and I'm a beadaholic
    • Lynn Davy Beadwork
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 10:34:48 PM »

Love the blue mats Sue - and I agree the bubbles in the other ones are a plus rather than a minus, but I guess not everyone sees them that way. Hope you get your dispute resolved! Gorgeous doll Vic, what a lot of work has gone into that, all those tiny details  :)

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 11:47:04 PM »

She's lovely Vic :)

Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop