Author Topic: Bunting tips.  (Read 1108 times)

Kayleigh

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    • Cyndra Arts
Bunting tips.
« on: July 07, 2015, 08:31:05 AM »
I'd like to make some bunting for my mums birthday as she loves the stuff. Does anyone have any tips to make it look good? I see a lot of not so great bunting and I'd like to make it so it lasts. I've also only got two weeks to buy materials and make it. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute. Tips and advice much appreciated!

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
Re: Bunting tips.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 09:12:18 AM »
Does this help?

http://www.thesewingdirectory.co.uk/bunting-project/

I made it years ago for a 'flags' project for an arts week, we printed (in our case our logo) on to the printer paper you can iron on to fabric and ironed that on - perhaps you could make plain flags and print off photos?
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

sarah t

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 12:22:45 PM »

Cornish

• Magic happens
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »
I helped make some quick ones for a school pta we just cut triangle with pinking shears and I had a large roll of bias binding and we just sewed them on.  Doubled fabric sewn and turned out And then sewn on ribbon or bias binding does look better though.  :)

Kayleigh

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    • Cyndra Arts
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »
The link and the video are great, thank you!

That's similar to some my mum has done, they did a load for a friends wedding. The had a bunting party and just set up a production line basically! After the wedding they cut it into sections and everyone got a bit. Mum has had it outside though so it's a bit tatty now as its been out there for at least a year.

I went and talked to my lovely sewing shop ladies as well. They're so helpful and nice! She gave me some good advice. Now I just need to decide on fabric colours....