Author Topic: Physical Goods & VAT  (Read 2515 times)

Ilona

• The Beady One
Re: Physical Goods & VAT
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 09:54:02 PM »
Thanks for the info ladies. I didn't know about the Etsy / Paypal thing. My shop as been closed for a long time. I might have to pop in there to opt out.

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 08:04:10 AM »
I am trying to get my shop up and running again and remembered about this thread about the opting in or out thing. I can't work out what to do. How do I opt out? I do not have direct payments on so am I automatically opted out? I can't accept Etsy Gift cards either. As far as I can work out I have to do direct payments in order to be able to accept gift cards.

nemeton

• Hi, I'm Lynn and I'm a beadaholic
    • Lynn Davy Beadwork
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 10:32:54 AM »
I think you do have to enable DC in order to accept gift cards. Sellers in the US can no longer choose to opt out of the integrated Paypal thing but as far as I can see this doesn't yet apply to non-US sellers so you should be able to switch on DC but keep your standalone Paypal account - so that payments via Paypal go into your Paypal account and DC payments go (eventually) into your bank account.
There's a seller handbook article and a Help article which make it all sound lovely and wonderful... cynical me would prefer not to have Etsy handle all my payments and any customer disputes, especially given that Paypal has actual live customer support where you can talk to a real person, but Etsy doesn't  :-\

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »
Thanks Lynn, that is a big help. I have signed up for direct checkout but kept paypal separate. I do like having funds that are mine mine mine in my Paypal. =) Looks like I don't have to do anything else in order to accept gift cards, it just happens. Now all I need to do is put stock in my shop.