Author Topic: Made a post about my Scrapstore visit  (Read 863 times)

Kalorlo

• Heather Kelly Glass
    • Heather Kelly Glass
Made a post about my Scrapstore visit
« on: March 23, 2015, 09:14:32 AM »
...with some stash pics at https://kalorlo.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/uk-scrapstores/

I've started with appliquing cutouts from some of my sample pieces onto a white background, then will make the bag out of that. Because I was scared of starting on the "good" stuff! (And quite a bit of what I have is bigger prints and/or not very kid-related, so this will be colourful).

nemeton

• Hi, I'm Lynn and I'm a beadaholic
    • Lynn Davy Beadwork
Re: Made a post about my Scrapstore visit
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 12:58:18 PM »
I dare not even go looking to see whether we have one of these locally - I am a terror for hoarding fabric, have still not used a lot of the bits and bobs I've had stashed away for years, I'd just end up with loads more that I only ever stroked and then put away again! Great post, look forward to seeing what you make with all your goodies  ;D

Kalorlo

• Heather Kelly Glass
    • Heather Kelly Glass
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 01:18:20 PM »
Heheh, yes. There are bits I'd like to make a panelled skirt or something from, but I'd need to practice with something plain beforehand.

I can only go and visit it when I'm on holiday though, and take what I can carry, so can't end up with *enormous* amounts... I did come back with one rucksack, one carrier bag and a handful of sample books  ;D

I need to iron the second lot I washed - there are brighter colours and oranges in that lot, which are more suitable.

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 08:01:42 PM »
It's a great place. I'd love to have one nearby. I'd probably use it as a trading post, de clutter the stuff I don't need/want anymore and replace with new goodies!!

Fab stuff. Would love to keep up to date with what you get. It's just my type of place
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 08:09:30 PM »
Heather, you need to take a very capacious shopping trolley  ;D

Kalorlo

• Heather Kelly Glass
    • Heather Kelly Glass
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »
Ahahaha! Might take the wheely thing next time to save my shoulders. It *and* a rucksack would be excessive  :P