Author Topic: Selling.....  (Read 2655 times)

Shirley

• My website - for Val Cox frit, my beads and silver supplies
Re: Selling.....
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 09:10:55 AM »
Now thinking about it. When I sell on FB I always contact the buyer for their email so I can invoice them. There is no reason why a seller shouldn't send t&c through in the message as a file at the same time, asking the buyer to agree by giving their email for the invoice.

Kalorlo

• Heather Kelly Glass
    • Heather Kelly Glass
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 07:56:25 PM »
Yeah, the first message I send them that has the picture of what they bought and the price etc also has a bit saying that due to EU regulations I have to send them my T&C before an invoice, and has a link to them on my website, where they can save if they want. Cancellation form on there too.

Kalorlo

• Heather Kelly Glass
    • Heather Kelly Glass
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 07:58:58 PM »
...and on my own FB page, not in a group, I had it directly in all the item descriptions.

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »
That is a good idea Shirley

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 10:13:13 PM »
Good grief. I had no idea about all of this. And you have to get a legal bod to draw them up? Just when I thought I was getting it all right.

Shirley

• My website - for Val Cox frit, my beads and silver supplies
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 10:46:59 PM »
No, you don't have to get it done by a pro. All depends how thorough you are being. I see it as being a bit like insurance. Insurance is there to ease consequences of something going wrong. Same with returns policies and suchlike. If you inform customers of all this stuff then you are covered. It's up to you whether you wish to take the risk.

Pandanimal

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 07:56:46 AM »
Are there any sample T&C online that cover all this? That could be adapted for the purpose. Insurance is something else I need to look into. Now I am selling more the more likely there will be a hiccough of some kind.
All the extra costs of these things have got to come from somewhere though. I guess that means putting up prices of beads.
PPL insurance, is that what it's called? Any of you who have this where do you get it from and how much can I expect to pay per year?

Pandanimal

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 08:17:40 AM »

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 08:21:32 AM »
I just renewed mine through the Artist's Network , it was 36

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 11:14:54 AM »
A-N for PPL insurance, comes as part of the membership as Jille says. 

ame across this. Its a year old but is it still relevant?
http://wemakewebsites.com/blog/sample-e-commerce-terms-conditions-for-your-website-uk-specific.

I'd say it is out of date - it mentions DSR, they ceased to exist on 13/6/14.  They also look very skimpy.  There is a lot you have to state - otherwise if you don't get it right you leave yourself open to taking returns up to 12 months from date of sale and having to return all postage costs etc.  There are companies selling T&Cs, I got mine from Suzanne Dibble, Small Business Legal Academy but can't find a link to the T&Cs right now, must be on there, weren't cheap and still needed some tweaking as they are aimed at small businesses, not personally at me.  You will also need a privacy policy, again these are on line to download, I used this one http://www.facebook.com/l/kAQHdM1fs/www.freeprivacypolicy.com/free-privacy-policy.html

Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr