Author Topic: Batting  (Read 1378 times)

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
Re: Batting
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 05:02:55 PM »
Pmsl - new to me  ;D  Er, I think I might be rather guilty of that one ...

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 12:58:12 PM »
What are household chores? Is that the bit where you clear all your stuff of the table so people can sit and eat?

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 01:47:36 PM »
Hah, I have to clear my daughters stuff off the table so we can eat!

ruth

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 09:09:33 AM »
About 2 years ago I looked at the cost of getting someone else to do the housework. Local agencies charged 10 +per hour, minimum 5 hours. The person who did the work received the legal minimum rate per hour.  I kept thinking about the nice things I could buy with 50 plus vat.

I decided to pay myself to do it. I got a proper pinnie  and a bucket with the tools of the trade and put the money in a special pot. I worked set hours and didn't allow my employer to exploit me.

It worked well until I became ill and had to give up the cleaning job. I am getting better now, the house has strange corners with colonies of dust, things are lost etc. need to find the pinnie again. 

For those who are challenged on the housework front I recommend it as a technique.

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 09:36:41 AM »
A great idea - not sure if even paying myself would stop me crafting though.  My dining room has swathes of cobwebs atm, really must sort that, I'm sure they're flammable  :P

ruth

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 09:54:07 AM »
Sue I found that it did not stop me crafting. In fact it freed me up because housework had a set time and boundaries. It also gave me double earned money.
i.e. I worked to earn the money to pay me to clean. I have to admit that I didn't pay tax on the housework earnings.

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 12:26:10 PM »
Lol - I'll give it a try, although I still think I'd rather make somebody else do it ...  ;)

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 06:53:00 PM »
I like the idea. I need to get a bit more organised since my next year of maternity/paternity is screaming towards me like a bullet train ;D
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook