Author Topic: selling places etc  (Read 643 times)

jean

selling places etc
« on: January 20, 2015, 10:26:03 PM »
I am trying to build up stock for the end of the year fairs, to do 3 with a double table as I shall have enough albums to fill it by then. Meantime, waiting to see if I'll have been given any slots for the art centre cabinets this year. I haven't put any beads up in the lampwork facebook groups so dont know if they are still going, or going well still? I was wondering whether to set a separate etsy for my books and cards as there are more of them or leave it mixed as it is now? A book sold during the 3 months slot, so I am hoping they will do well at the fair. I was wondering whether to set a separate etsy for my books and cards as there are more of them or leave it mixed as it is now? How are things with selling for everyone else? Ewan went to a bowl and spoon making course, he really liked it so is looking at making some little decorated copper bowls. I have a class with Ian Pearson in march, the one i didnt manage to stay through in september so hoping i can do it. Wanting to make some little bowls too, eventually! What's everyone else up to ?

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
Re: selling places etc
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:13:44 AM »
Sounds good to me Jean, pesonally one shop is enough to cope with. I get a few sales when I'm promoting and listing daily.
I've been busy, the pop up gallery that i do 3 times a year is running all year with different themes, so my shop content will vary depending on what's on display. Each month has a theme so I need to make some new stuff which is fun to do. I'm hoping to get a few months ahead eventually.

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
Re: selling places etc
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 08:33:32 AM »
Personally, I find one shop enough, I used have 2 each on 3 different sites and it was impossible to promote enough on each.   I'm still busy with the FB groups, better some days than others but it is January and we are all recovering from Crimbo, which I am hoping why Etsy is so quiet for me,  and I've just taken up glass fusing so trying to get my head around that.  I don't have any fairs until Easter and have Arts Week in May so trying to get my self organised to have enough different work for that.
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr