Author Topic: WIP: Baby Quilt - now finished!  (Read 4693 times)

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
Re: WIP: Baby Quilt
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 07:51:03 PM »
That looks fantastic. Such a lucky friend. Wow. The fabric you have chosen is such wonderful colours. Makes me want to have another baby just so I can make one for myself! Where did you get the fabric from?

Fabric was just from eBay.
If you google "Julia swafing" you'll find lovely images and maybe a few locations on where to buy it.

The material shop near me, I know sells it. So I will buy a metre from there I think for the reverse side.

The squares are all sewn together now. So many imperfections and misalignments. It's definitely beyond my current quilting skill set. It also doesn't help that I am always knackered in the evenings when I am working on it!

Pinwheel quilt by Nicola @ Smitten Kitten, on Flickr
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 09:10:35 PM »
It's wonderful Nic <3

Kayleigh

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    • Cyndra Arts
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 10:17:36 PM »
It's so pretty!

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 05:58:46 PM »
Thanks my lovelies, I've got to go and shop for the reverse side fabric now. I think I'll pop along to my local shop for that. They are relatively expensive, but they stock the lovely modern contemporary designs that will fit it so well. It's also my birthday this wknd, so I may treat myself to a few more things to add to my material stash ;D
*Nicola*

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 09:46:09 PM »
I agree, it's fab - and we are always our harshest critics, I can't see anything wrong  ;D  Happy birthday for the weekend hon x

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 04:02:15 PM »

Reverse material selected. Now to get my arse in gear to finish it by Nicola @ Smitten Kitten, on Flickr

I've caved and gone to the local haberdashery, which truth is - one of my favourite places, it's just a place I can spend money in VERY easily! It's easier to go whe I have a definite project in mind, otherwise I just buy everything!

So, reverse side material bought. From the same material collection, but in a colour that was not in the mix on the front of the quilt.

The lady recommended a border as well, I had not thought about adding a border other than the binding, but when she folded it over to show me, it instantly gave it a "finished" feel. Looked great! Great idea.
*Nicola*

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 06:12:01 PM »
I love it, gorgeous fabric.  Like you, I love my local fabric place - they've now got a tiny traditional tea room upstairs next to their craft room, eek!  Deadly.  ;D

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 06:55:32 PM »
My God really sue?! Sound amazing! :D
*Nicola*

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 04:50:50 PM »
Lol - I'm booked in for lunch with friends next Friday.  Perhaps I shouldn't take my debit card?   They do some gorgeous wool, too, hand dyed ribbons, sigh.  Definitely taking n o cash either!  ;D

jean

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
my kind of place ahhh!
That is beautiful Nic!  :)