Author Topic: Bullseye firing schedule SC2  (Read 1235 times)

Tinker

• Making glass my bitch, one day at a time
    • Beads By Kat
Bullseye firing schedule SC2
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:52:52 PM »
I've tried searching but can't find anything obvious - it's most likely me typing in the wrong sequence of words or something but I'm a newbie and I need help :)
So, is there somewhere I can get SC2 firing schedules for bullseye and also float glass? I've just got the one coaster in there and hoping not to muller it in an experimental fashion but appreciate I may have to suck it up ;D
Thanks in advance  :-*

FionaS

• WINIBI
Re: Bullseye firing schedule SC2
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 05:33:55 PM »
This is the programme I use in my kiln which is a similar size to the SC2...

P1:  Ramp up to 677C over 3 hours 3 mins.  Hold 30 mins.
P2: Ramp up to 804C over 23 mins.  Hold 10 mins.
P3: Ramp down to 516C over 0 mins.  Hold 30 mins.
P4: Ramp down to 371C over 1 hour 45 mins.  Hold 0 mins.
P5: Ramp down to 21C over 0 mins.  Hold 0 mins.

Never tried float glass so I don't know for that but would be interested to know a schedule for it.

Dawn

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 08:29:20 PM »
The anneal soak in this schedule is a little bit higher than now recommended by Bullseye (they now suggest 482 deg C at the point of P3) but they used to suggest this temperature and did say it was still okay to use (the most important part of annealing is evening out the temperature)

If you want a full fuse on float glass, use this schedule but the temp at P2 to something like 845 C

Tinker

• Making glass my bitch, one day at a time
    • Beads By Kat
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:18:12 PM »
Fab, thanks both of you guys. Hopefully will have something to show for it soon :)

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 09:33:32 AM »
Not tried float glass in an SC2 but I have in my new-to0me Skutt Hotstart and it's beating me!  Good luck with it, would love to know how you get on.

Got my float glass from Creative Glass in Kent, so far 1550F (843C) is only doing a tac, the edges aren't rounding at all so trying hotter today - and then it goes in the bin as I am sick to death of it.  The kiln's firing Bullseye  fine so I think the temps are OK.
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr