Author Topic: Paypal e-cheque  (Read 978 times)

Lampworklover

• My Etsy Shop
Paypal e-cheque
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:12:25 PM »
Has anyone been paid by Paypal eCheque? I issued an invoice for a LBM auction via Paypal, and have just had an e:mail from them saying that she has paid with eCheque . Not something I have come across before... they say that it will take 6-8 working days for it to clear! Bit reluctant to wait that long to post the beads, and it is only a low value set... thoughts please?

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
Re: Paypal e-cheque
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:40:19 PM »
Yep, get them from time to time.  It's usually because they don't have a bank account linked to their PP account and they haven't enough funds in their PP account.  You'll get an email when it clears, or I did with the last one but was well over a week - and meanwhile the customer queries where their item is :( 

I usually contact them along the lines of 'I notice that you have paid for your item(s) by e-cheque and am happy to confirm that your order will be sent to you once I have received confirmation from PayPal that the e-cheque has cleared. This process usually takes around 10 working days and I will advise you further once your order has been dispatched.

However, if you did not select payment by e-cheque it may simply be a case that PayPal have used this payment method by default due to the expiry of a supporting credit or debit card. This can easily be reversed by you entering in the updated details for the credit/debit card, cancelling the e-cheque and going through the payment process once again, selecting the immediate PayPal option.  If you have any further questions about your order please contact me.  If you have any questions about the payment process, please contact Paypal.'
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 08:43:39 PM »
Pay pal echecks are rubbish, they tend to lake a bit longer (day or two) than the max stated time to clear too. It means that the payment is coming from your customers bank rather than from a debit card. Just let your buyer know they have paid by echeck and that there will be a delay in posting, don't post before it clears, as just like a paper check, if there are no funds in the bank the echeck could bounce.

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 08:45:16 PM »
I've had a couple bounce for Etsy purchases!  Who wants to wait a fortnight to be paid (can be 10 working days)?

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 08:45:46 PM »
Oh no Sue :(

Lampworklover

• My Etsy Shop
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 09:07:02 PM »
oh Sue, that's not on is it?

Many thanks for the advice!

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 11:35:00 PM »
Par for the course though, along with those who don't know how to use or cannot get Paypal to work so you're hanging around for days.  At least you still have the items, better than the 'oh, it's not arrived' folks.  E cheques are there for a reason, perhaps it is just  card expired and no balance, but suspicious me thinks it is people over spending without any back up.

Izzybeads

• Smile and the world smiles with you :)
    • Izzybeads
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 07:08:02 AM »
hate 'em!

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 09:18:33 AM »
Can you block them, so they can't send you e-cheques?  Was just wondering.