Author Topic: My 2nd Trunk Show is on  (Read 1329 times)

Ilona

• The Beady One
My 2nd Trunk Show is on
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:07:27 PM »
My 2nd trunk show is on over on Glass Open Market https://www.facebook.com/groups/GlassOpenMarket/. Thanks to those that have popped by to support me already. I am pleased to say it is going far better than last time, so far, so fingers crossed xxxxxx

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
Re: My 2nd Trunk Show is on
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 08:30:35 PM »
You got some lovely stuff there. Good luck.

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »
Have a great show xx

Ilona

• The Beady One
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 07:17:58 AM »
I spoke too soon. I messed up big time ::) I sat waiting to close my first set of listings at 2am, and fell asleep. Woke up at 5.30am and missed all my American sales. I have come to the conclusion that these trunk shows are not for me. I can't handle the time difference. At least when they wake up it will be a Saturday and I might still get the sales. fingers crossed xx

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 08:51:47 AM »
Sorry!  That's the sort of thing I'd do, but not wake up until 8am :)  How do the others manage?  Are they up all night?

Someone suggested getting a Brit site going - but then they'll all moan about the $ thing and the times......... most of my sales are to USA/Canada, only had a few to UK/Europe.
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

Tinker

• Making glass my bitch, one day at a time
    • Beads By Kat
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 08:56:30 AM »
I think some people just stick to more reasonable times, starting at 9 or 10am uk time? My little show I chose to go on till 2am but that's because I only had 18 hours to do it in. I don't think you need to start at the very beginning time but I'm sure one of the others who has done a few more will confirm.

Am sure you will make up for it at happy hour :) that seemed to be a totally bonkers hour!!

Ilona

• The Beady One
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 11:21:41 AM »
Sue, it was me who thought about a UK site. I am not sure if we would get enough people to do a UK trunk show, but the Americans could join ours. If I started one it would nice to have some input on what time to start and finish and a better way to do the calender to keep everyone happy. What does everyone think? Would anyone be interested?

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 11:58:57 AM »
I ran my trunk show to times to suit me, with no problems - there is no way I could do otherwise.  So long as you are up front with your times, they will come and buy.  :)

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »
Sue, it was me who thought about a UK site. I am not sure if we would get enough people to do a UK trunk show, but the Americans could join ours. If I started one it would nice to have some input on what time to start and finish and a better way to do the calender to keep everyone happy. What does everyone think? Would anyone be interested?

Not sure I could get the work together at the moment.  Not sure you'd get Americans to join in here, doesn't the world revolve around their time zones and currency?
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

Ilona

• The Beady One
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 02:33:15 PM »
Maybe its a none starter. I like the idea, but don't think I would have the time needed to do it.