Author Topic: Novelty Knitting Patterns  (Read 1388 times)

craftymagpie

Novelty Knitting Patterns
« on: November 19, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
Hello all, need some help with Christmas presents. My mum (co-owner of Crafty Magpie) has taken up knitting again ever since we started the business and in the new year she will be selling what she has made so far on our site. So far she has created a knitted cactus family, love birds, a snowman, egg people lol. The problem is due to copy right these items are only permitted to be sold if the money is going to charity which she is pleased to do however I'd like to get her some patterns for items she can make that she will be allowed to sell for her own gain. I know nothing about knitting so any sites you can point me to would be fab

Thankyou
Sarah

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
Re: Novelty Knitting Patterns
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 12:53:32 AM »
This may help http://www.lionbrand.com/faq/67.html?language=  And I believe this is the case with most knitting patterns, that you can sell the item, just not the pattern.

craftymagpie

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »
thankyou 

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 08:21:33 AM »
Ravelry have a MASSIVE database of knitting and crochet patterns.
For free, and some for sale.

IF she's not a member already, i'd recommend it - as it's a great community with links to millions of projects, yarn reviews, project reviews and links to places to buy patterns and handmade wool.

I'm hooked on there at the moment. Definitely worth looking into if she's a keen knitter.
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook

Cornish

• Magic happens
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 09:08:01 AM »
I was going to suggest Ravelry too I have seen a great snail tea cosy pattern on there, I was tempted but I can't knit  ;D it might also be good to have a quick search on Pinterest you can often find some great tutorials.

craftymagpie

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 01:11:04 PM »
Oh yeah I am a member of ravelry...forgot about it thanks