Author Topic: Glass baubles  (Read 5182 times)

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
Glass baubles
« on: November 08, 2013, 05:35:02 PM »
Does anybody know where I can get hold of undecorated glass baubles?  Not the type that open up, just plain old baubles.  They seem to be mostly plastic or acrylic, which doesn't suit our purposes.

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
Re: Glass baubles
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 07:29:30 PM »
I bought some plain glass blown ones frpm ebay a few years ago. The plan was to paint them, one day

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
Hmmm.  The first link is toooo many, the second is out of stock, and I tried the third one before, their postage is ?7.99  :o  We're going to dip 'em in paint and water for a kind of swirly tie die look.  I only want three or four, perhaps a couple more, so the kids can make them as gifts, but they seem hugely expensive.  Don't feel up to blowing any right now, although I did make a reasonable bauble last year  ;D  Still, then you have to buy the ends and glue them on, feeling a wee bit too lazy atm.

ETA Aha! Found some.  http://www.amazon.co.uk/BUTLERS-HANG-Clear-glass-bauble/dp/B00DQZMCWA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383943734&sr=8-2&keywords=clear+glass+bauble  Good old amazon.

Dawn

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 09:03:34 PM »
I think I saw some clear glass ones in Ikea, they usually have them, there's are usually glass rather than plastic.

Dawn

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
I am sure John Lewis had some too

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 09:08:27 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm pretty much stuck with online purchasing - not really up to getting out much nowadays.  And Ikea's delivery is horrendous  ::)  Mind you, I quite like a browse round there on occasion  ;D  not even sure where the nearest John Lewis is round here, will have to have a looksee.

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »
If i can find mine you are welcome to them, i think i have a box of 6 but not sure where they are. Will look on Mon when my lad has gone

inkydoodlecrafts

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 08:15:35 AM »
Wow Sue that sounds like a really fun thing to do, I'm huge on deccies as you know. I'm going to have to pick your brain  ::) :-* re: paints and stuff, girly would love doing that  ;D ;D  :-*

How are you doing? Xx

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 09:47:16 AM »
Oooh, that would be wonderful Jill - it's something the kids love doing. 
I'll pm you about it Mel when I'm feeling a wee bit better, still sleeping a lot atm.  Had chemo a week ago, and it's been ... difficult but doable.  :)  Feeling much better now but my hb is low so still really tired.  But at least the worst of the nausea and vomiting is done.  And I am HALFWAY.  ;D