Author Topic: Chilhood Cancer Awareness Month  (Read 1295 times)

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
Chilhood Cancer Awareness Month
« on: September 01, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »
Howdy folks, September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

There are a lot of us on here who are passionate about Beads of Courage and I was thinking that there are quite a lot of little things we can do between us to help spread Awareness this month. For my part I am going to make my 52 little things beads in September in the colour gold/yellow which is the official Childhood Cancer Awareness colour and I am thinking about making a yellow ribbon bead tute when my kiln comes back from the shop. I'm planning to write a blog post or two and will share BCCA status updates on FB when I can too.

If you are doing something to raise awareness about BoC, BCCA or childhood cancer this September please post a link in this thread so we can all support you and help to spread the word

xx Jo

jean

Re: Chilhood Cancer Awareness Month
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 12:45:22 PM »
I'll have a wee think as to what I could do, maybe another giveaway that went well last time, well ahem with a fair bit of help from your lovely self lol!  :D

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
Re: Chilhood Cancer Awareness Month
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »
Sounds good Jean xx

Fran Shaw of Tutu and the Crafty Oliphants is having a facebook auction from today until the 14th of Seot - all proceeds to go to BCCA
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.471820649580901.1073741845.131139686982334&type=3

Also there will be a limited edition Gold Oliphant up for grabs on the Tutu page at 8pm tonight, these are gold trimmed and just for September to raise awareness, ?5 from that sale will go to BCCA too.