Author Topic: Ooh i have a backdrop  (Read 1942 times)

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
Ooh i have a backdrop
« on: August 20, 2013, 10:10:37 AM »
I bougjt one of those graded colur backdrops in an attempt to get better photos. I chose the blue into white one as it should work with my shop theme.
I can't wait to try ito out but still waiting for the return of my lappie.

I have to say sales and views have dropped off slready while I'm not listing and promoting daily

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
Re: Ooh i have a backdrop
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »
you'll be back on track soon my dear! :-*
I know how frustrating it is not being 'properly' online ... only since buying a new computer myself last week I've been active again. It is frustrating just dealing with stuff from a smaller device.

try to use the time you have lost on promoting, into constructive time in the studio. You'll reap rewards when you come back with a bang and lots of new stuff once you get your computer back.
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »
That's what I'm doing Nic, I've just loaded the kiln, I've been  playing with stamping bottles

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 01:28:40 PM »
:D ;D
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 08:58:36 AM »
I have tried out the new backgroud and I don't think it works. I wantd something going from white into pale blue but it gets too blue too quickly so I think I'll have to go back to the sheet.
Apart from the background I'm at a loss how to photograph my china, it's so shiny and reflective. I've done these ones with the curtain closed and the polarising lens, but I'm not happy, they look like the drown lustre on the hares has dark areas but that's just the light. The seem to have lost thier liveliness and don't look as nice as they do in reality.

hare bowl by kilnfiredart, on Flickr

harebowl2 by kilnfiredart, on Flickr

hares by kilnfiredart, on Flickr

I think I will use them as they are better than the ones on Etsy but I'm still not happy with them  :-\