Author Topic: A Little About Me...  (Read 3093 times)

Paps

A Little About Me...
« on: March 10, 2011, 12:41:24 AM »
Well, I was thinking... if this is the Domain that I am to Look after, then I thought I'd introduce myself.

People call me Paps, its a Nickname that came from taking Photos a Number of years ago, that has since stuck like glue. I started taking photos from a small age, from the days of using my fathers Lubitel Film Camera (a vintage Twin Lens Reflex from Soviet Russia) to Mess about taking the odd photo here and there, the odd roll of film as I was growing up. Then, as I began to get older, the sudden influx of Digital Cameras made the world of photography open up a bit more, from small digital camera to digital camera, I finally bought a D-SLR, that was around 6 Years ago, since then I cannot imagine how many photographs I have taken.

Over the years, I have spread into the world of photography, taking what I can here and there and trying to gain the skills and experience that would keep me going. From Weddings to Motorsport, Landscape to Portraits, its been a Journey... I have discovered that its an expensive world as well, but thats not the point, I enjoy it and people like what I do - so in my eyes, its worth it.

I know it seems odd, to cover so many aspects as the typical "Pro" sticks to one area, but I don't... I do a lot of work with cars and people, but over the years have been asked by friends to do weddings, which have been fun... but an unbelievable work load. I don't feel that sticking to one thing can push the creative boundaries, yes... you can get so far with one thing, but to be creative you have to spread your wings and try new things, even if it does seem hard to do... its worth it, even just to enjoy that end image as long as its on your wall.... because that's the point... isn't it? To do something you enjoy?

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
Re: A Little About Me...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 01:01:32 AM »
What a lovely read and wonderful to see so easily that you have such passion for what you do. It's inspirational.

Serendipity

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 07:26:37 AM »
Looking forward to seeing more of the world through your lens  :)

sparrow

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:40:24 AM »
Lovely to read more about you :)

flamingbeads

• Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no one
    • Flaming Beads
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:03:30 AM »
Hi Paps...beautifully put!!.. ;D

Paps

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 07:29:34 PM »
Thanks.  ;D I thought it might be a more fun idea to share a bit of insight as opposed to just say Hi! :D

♥♥Tan♥♥

• Gay for Jammie, one step from leg dry hump!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 07:34:25 PM »
LOVE THIS, photography is such a struggle for so many of us, its fab to be able to read it from a pro's point of view and really get the passion you have for it

flamingbeads

• Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no one
    • Flaming Beads
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 04:01:32 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the world through your eyes... ;D