Author Topic: Everything Else gallery Aug/Sept 13  (Read 7241 times)

singlesam

• it wasnt me the beads made me do it
Re: Christening pressie
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 05:45:08 PM »
fab pressie kat, I have shared it on fb  ;D

♥♥Tan♥♥

• Gay for Jammie, one step from leg dry hump!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 05:45:53 PM »
These are wonderful Kat such a cool idea and so much better than all the naff cutesy silver stuff out there, these are absolutely genius brilliant!!

sarah t

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »
what a lovely gift ..cannot see boobs ..see big bird pecking at a sandcastle but I am sleep deprived !!!

Tinker

• Making glass my bitch, one day at a time
    • Beads By Kat
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 07:09:47 AM »
Well, I took a drawing class yesterday! It was a bit out there - bit too much talking not enough 'doing' but they used meditative and tai chi type techniques to try and activate the right brain and stuff.
First picture, not so happy - can't identify the fruit and too chaotic for me

Untitled by Kat Newman, on Flickr

Second picture I'm happy with, but didn't finish as we ran out of time.

Untitled by Kat Newman, on Flickr

I'm definitely going to try and keep it up, it was a good way to get started!

Izzybeads

• Smile and the world smiles with you :)
    • Izzybeads
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 07:25:49 AM »
Those are blummin' good first attempts Tinks, to achieve greatness in drawing its 15 mins a day everyday  ;)

The second one is much more of a design style, nice work Mrs  :-*

Tinker

• Beads By Kat
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 07:45:49 AM »
Laney that's high praise from someone with your talents :) thank you. You were my inspiration y'know - I love your drawings  :-*

What put me on a downer, I think is that although it was supposed to be a beginner's class, not one of them were beginners, and it showed in their drawings. One of them had even done art at uni!! She's a beginner because she thinks she's crap  ::) ::) ::) apparently!

I will be getting a drawing pad and doing it as often as I can - maybe I will do my special tai chi exercises beforehand, maybe I won't! LOL

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 07:48:39 AM »
Definitely keep it up those are brilliant.
I'm always amazed at the before and after drawings in the book Drawing on the right side of the brain, i keep meaning to get it out and work through it

Cornish

• Magic happens
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 07:58:29 AM »
They are brilliant Kat, I was going to draw fairies again but it was a bit of a failure.

♥♥Tan♥♥

• Gay for Jammie, one step from leg dry hump!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 08:03:06 AM »
Kat you can tell straight away which of those pictures you were happiest with, the second one has much surer strokes of the pencil and the marks are firm and bold, the first one is very light and sketchy you can tell you weren't feeling it.

I took a beginners watercolour class. It wasn't it was full of people who had been doing it for terms and terms and just kept coming back doing the same thing over and over. The class was mundane, paint snow, paint ploughed fields and I learnt more just heading on out and doing it for myself.

Have you seen the book drawing on the right side of the brain?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=drawing+right+side+of+brain&tag=googhydr-21&index=stripbooks&hvadid=27334272541&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1579074552644198497&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2pdi40jxzi_b

I found it very useful, lots of easy to follow steps that unlock the creative side of your brain and get you looking at things in a different way.

Tinker

• Beads By Kat
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
Thanks Tan :) I guess its helped that Ive been messing about with tattoo roses for fun but yeah I preferred the subject matter and I dont really 'get' all that shading malarkey. I love p3ncils so I was thinking I might get those ones that you can wet into paint afterwards.
Thanks for the book advice, have popped it in my trolley ;D  :-*