Author Topic: Most stressful day ever when it comes to photo editing.  (Read 1381 times)

Kayleigh

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    • Cyndra Arts
Most stressful day ever when it comes to photo editing.
« on: May 02, 2013, 09:41:55 AM »
Yesterday was horrible!

I got a new laptop on Tuesday and my only wants for it were to be able to go on the internet and to be able to edit photos. Simples you'd think.

On my old laptop I used Microsoft Office Photo Manager to edit my photos and it was the most simple brilliant thing to use. Loved it.

Went to edit photos yesterday on my new computer and it doesn't have Photo Manager, rather it has Photo Gallery. Which is rubbish for editing. And it didn't have the features that I wanted. Cue stress.

I spent the whole afternoon trying to find Photo Manager to download only to eventually find that they've discontinued it because 'it looks old.' Cor I was grumpy.

Tried GIMP. Too time consuming for what I needed it for really. I'm sure it's great if you're not trying to edit a huge amount of photos as quick as possible.

Ended up downloading Picasa. Hated it to begin with as I couldn't find the fetaures I needed. But it did seem simple enough to use. So I went to bed in a right grump stressing about how I was going to edit my photos.

Got woken up this morning (by an annoying alarm that mum forgot to turn off and I panicked and thought it was the boiler beeping at me and about to blow up!!!), came straight down and decided to give Picasa another go and see if I could figure it out.

And I did! Two hours ago I was in a grump over photos and now I am happy. Picasa works perfectly. I love it.

YAY!

Long story short - Grumpy and stressed Kayleigh because of discontinued photo editing software; Perseveres with Picasa and decides she likes it. YAY!

PHEW. Can I go back to bed now?

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
Re: Most stressful day ever when it comes to photo editing.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »
I like Picasa, although I find my pics sometimes are smaller than I thought I'd cropped to.  I also have Photoshop Elements, came with an old camera and I kept the disc; is complicated enough for me but works well cropping photos for shops. I expect it is free download somewhere on the web, if it's free handout with cameras (or I might have a spare copy somewhere as we all have the same ancient camera but I'm the only one who edits anything).
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

inkydoodlecrafts

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:54:08 AM »
I love picasa use it for everything  ;D

turnedlight

• kathryn
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 12:13:42 PM »
I love Picassa too, it's not too complicated for my brain  :)

Kayleigh

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    • Cyndra Arts
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 01:06:07 PM »
I'm still getting used to it, but I do like it. Trying to edit photos with a german shepherd sprawled across my lap is pretty challenging though!

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »
I use Picasa too. Its simple enough for me to understand.

♥♥Tan♥♥

• Gay for Jammie, one step from leg dry hump!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »
I have PS Elements and it does the job for me. I have no clue what 90% of it is for and when I need something specific I google it and have an 'AH so thats what that button does' moment. It does ok though.

The same as you Kayleigh I had a smashing simple bit of software that came with a camera years ago and was super for editing, it just had the basic light, dark, sharp sort of buttons and was the dogs. I grumped for days when we changed computer and it wouldn't work anymore