Author Topic: Clay and ceramics gallery April/May  (Read 5322 times)

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
Re: Clay and ceramics gallery April/May
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2013, 08:53:23 AM »
I would love to do it Sue but I've enough going on this year, and it's probably too late.

Petal

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 04:12:45 PM »
Whispers, I put the smaller vase in at ?95, just to test the water, I know , don't slap me, time wise it should be more and even then I'm not meeting the real retail price as I don't mark up 100%.

Slinks off into a corner.

/quote]

Jill, I really think you should be selling that vase for at least ?200 not ?95.  There is money out there, but underpricing yourself is a trap we all fall into, but means we lose attracting the right customers and lose confidence too.  (That's how I have felt in the past - oh its cost that much, they'll never pay that!).  I'm certain that when someone realises the time, work and skill involved in creating your pieces, they would snap them up.  They are works of art and should be priced as such. 

Have you done any market research with your ceramic pieces?  I've recently finished a book called 'Build a Business from Your Kitchen Table' by the founders of NOTHS and there's tons of useful info in there.  Its made me re-think my marketing/selling strategy.  Before I try and sell on-line, I'm taking some chainmaille I'm currently making and researching what people would pay for it and where they currently buy it, so that when I come to price my pieces I'll have more of an idea of what people are prepared to, hopefully, pay. 

Sorry for rambling on....
 :-X
Jules x

It is better to be thought of as a fool in silence, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 05:10:06 PM »
Jules you are rigjt, it should have a price tag of ?200 if i was pricing correctly. I wish i knew where that market was, i don't think I'll find a market like that up north

♥♥Tan♥♥

• Gay for Jammie, one step from leg dry hump!
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 06:34:37 PM »
Thats the thing isn't it, price it at what it is truly worth or price to sell?

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 07:28:46 PM »
Yup, it's not worth anything until you find a buyer

Avalon Designs

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2013, 12:29:13 PM »
Lovely work Jille.