Author Topic: What Camera?  (Read 15434 times)

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
Re: What Camera?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 01:23:39 PM »
I'm getting this one today and going to give it a try http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=1500002951&langId=110&productId=600364

Argos give you a cooling off period of 14 days, went out yesterday to curry's/PC world, several stores, but all the cameras that I liked the look of had flat batteries so I couldn't play so I didn't buy.

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »
That was the one I started off with - and I just couldn't get on with it at all.  But you've had a bitta tuition with white balance and stuff, so it might be easier for you  :)

Jolene

• Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 04:01:19 PM »
Turns out Argos don't have a cooling off period with these sort of goods, fingers crossed I'll get on with it ok then...

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »
I sold mine Jo, there was no cooling off period - it was a gift from the boys, cost a fortune at the time, but I didn't take one good picture with the thing.  So saying that, I now understand cameras far better, so would probably be able to use it now!  ::)

Jolene

• Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »
Batteries now charged, just had a quick first play under daylight lamps, no photo editing, just cropped, and this is what came out...

Thunder egg bracelet by kitzbitz art glass by Jolene, on Flickr

It's a chunky little money compared to my lost camera (sony cybershot) but so far I am liking it a lot!

Dawn

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2012, 10:41:27 PM »
Great start, Jolene!

I am impressed with that, especially considering no editing.  I have to say, as much as I love my dSLR, my Powershot took absolutely cracking photos, especially the macro (of course I haven't even got that with the big camera), which I didn't have to edit very often either - I've not used it in ages as the last time I tried it, it thought every battery was flat, but that was before I moved onto these that hold their power, so will have to dig it out again and see if it still works.

Looks like you made a good choice, Jo x

Jolene

• Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 11:23:33 PM »
More luck than judgement really, thanks to you guys for some great advice. I would have really liked the newer one like our lovely Lynn has but a bit out of my budget at the moment - I'm bowled over at how much better/easier this camera's pics are than lost one.

Kayleigh

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    • Cyndra Arts
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 11:33:03 PM »
Wow! Brilliant photo! Think you definitely made the right choice :)

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 06:55:08 AM »
I wish I'd held on to my one now  :P  More ignorance than anything, but I was somewhat overwhelmed by it.  Excellent photo Jo.  ;D

jean

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 08:19:32 AM »
the photo is great! If that's your first go no messing that looks like just the job! I have a sony cybershot, Siobhan gave it to me, it's quite a dinky little thing.