Author Topic: What Camera?  (Read 15556 times)

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
Re: What Camera?
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »
;D
Well looking at it all, as always it will come down to the best deal I can find at the time! But at least I know which ones I need to keep my eye out for otherwise I would have been clueless!
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 11:52:11 AM »
These are them I think http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sanyo-Eneloop-Pack-Batteries-HR-3UTGA/dp/B004D82R4C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355571431&sr=8-2 - HR-3UTG 1.2V 2000mAh  So far they've been much more reliable than the Energiser rechargeables I got from Tesco that lost the oomph very quickly.  Think they are ?6-7 on Amazon for 4, cheaper if you want 8 or can share a pack.
Sue ~ Blue Box Studio ~ see website for outlets
Website ~ Blog ~ Etsy ~ Flickr

Cornish

• Magic happens
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »
I used to have a Cannon powershot it was a work horse but it did cost me. When it died I upgraded to a Cannon Eos but I then realised I still wanted a little compact to chuck in my bag I did a lot of research and got a Samsung. It has an internal battery so while I'm downloading the photos it's charging up. The only problem was jessops sold me the wrong sd card for it I needed a micro sd card which I got from amazon at a very good price.

Amazon now has a warehouse section usually opened box returns etc always worth having a quick look on there.  :)

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »
Good tip, I didn't know about Amazon Warehouse.  If you want a Canon Powershot then there is more than enough to choose from, not sure of the extra discount, not a popular camera?

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 03:01:58 PM »
Very tempted by the Cannon too now Mel, thanks guys, and thanks for the offer of a loaner Sue. I'm going to turn my living room upside down and inside out tonight but even if mine turns up again I think I've convinced myself to upgrade in the New Year.

Dawn

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »
Very tempted by the Cannon too now Mel, thanks guys, and thanks for the offer of a loaner Sue. I'm going to turn my living room upside down and inside out tonight but even if mine turns up again I think I've convinced myself to upgrade in the New Year.

You do know you won't find it until you've bought another anyway, don't you, Jo?   ;) ;)

I didn't know about the Amazon warehouse, thanks for that Vic

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »
I know Dawn  ::) I was convinced Ethan had snaffled it away into the toy corner but 2 hours, a bin bagful and a charity bagful later and no sign. I moved all the furniture this morning so no idea where to look next!

Thanks for the tip about amazon warehouse Vic, I had no idea about that either.

Cornish

• Magic happens
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »
No probs I found it by chance one day when I was comparing prices.   :D

LisaQuinn

• Lisa Quinn on Etsy
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 09:58:13 PM »
Just noticed a couple of camera deals at Home and Bargain that might be useful, they have a Panasonic Lumix LZ8 reduced from ?159.99 down to ?59.99 at the mo ...
http://www.homebargains.co.uk/category/33-electronics.aspx

Blue Box Studio

• Sue Harris
    • Blue Box Studio
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 12:15:32 AM »
Not heard of Home and Bargain before but seems we have 2 in Bristol.  Like the look of the Nikon Coolpix they are offering for under ?50, I love my old Coolpix and this one also has viewfinder and AA batteries.  Comment about the battery cover on Amazon (checking for feedback) is same prob DH has with his old Coolpix though, can catch and fall open.  Not a problem on mine.

I think I'll wait for the January sales for now.