Author Topic: Polymer newb questions!  (Read 3861 times)

SilverGems89

Re: Polymer newb questions!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 10:25:03 PM »
Will take some tomorrow in better light but I have done a jelly roll cane with a checker board wrapping, and then I made a small skinner blend and rolled it into a cane  :) Neither are brilliant but I am very happy with them as first attempts!

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »
Sounds like you are having fun. We have a pasta machine, but we use it for pasta! Nom nom nom. We use fimo and friends a fair old bit with the kids young adults but not anything complicated like cane, just messing about. Have always used the family oven and it seems to work fine. What are the issues with using a normal oven?

SilverGems89

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 11:07:48 AM »
It was just me being a wuss Julia! I am going to use the oven now, I bought myself a thermometer and will have a go at cooking some of the bits I have made soon (probably over christmas)  :)

Kayleigh

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    • Cyndra Arts
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »
Julia, there aren't any issues unless you use it for clay on a regular basis. And even if you were using it on a regular basis you could always make a little tin foil tent to go over the clay so you could still use your regular oven. A separate little oven though is always helpful and just easier in the long run if you do bake polymer clay a lot :)

Can't wait to see the canes! They sound fun :D I should probably get my clay out again in the new year.

SilverGems89

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
I've put pictures in this months Gallery  ;D