Author Topic: Who else is growing stuff?  (Read 5332 times)

singlesam

• it wasnt me the beads made me do it
Re: Who else is growing stuff?
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 11:34:12 PM »
mine arnt doing anything cos of all this rain  :(

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 06:29:23 AM »
Oh i can't wait to plant some veggies.
Our garden at our new house is teeny-tiny though so i'll probably just stick with some toms and herbs and spices... Oooh coriander, that's soOoOoOo on my list, I know it's wont come back year-after-year but i'll plant it every year because i love fresh coriander and you cant find it in the supermarkets here in Germany.

At the moment though - garden is still being used as a building site - it's got lots of lovely weeds in it ... and some cute poppies too!
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook

spexy

• Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 08:45:36 AM »
My tomato has gone yellow ;D

Yellow Tom....... by kitzbitz art glass by Jolene, on Flickr

That's doing well Jo, our toms in the greenhouse are still green and all the leaves are curled up because of the cold.

We've supplied 7.5kg of strawberries and so far 4kg of raspberries to the shop plus the ones we've eaten and a few to the neighbours. But they're not liking all this rain. Plus it's bought out all the slugs and snails, they're everywhere.

We had our first new potatoes with mint last week, yum. Lettuce and a few courgettes, oh and our first cucumber from the greenhouse.

The beetroot is doing well but the carrots failed to materialise. Other than that we've got French, broad and runner beans. Onions, parsnips, swede, squash and cabbage.

Ness

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 09:09:28 PM »
We got back from our hols to find that slugs had eaten the all courgettes, squash, pumpkins and sunflowers we had. :(  Right down to the ground.  I only knew it was slugs/snails as the sunflowers had grown stems despite the damage...
Buggers!  I'm not happy as we practically live off courgettes and squash in the summer :(

Jolene, your tomato is wonderful.  Such a sunny yellow!
(Which reminds me - slugs ate my tomato plants, too).

turnedlight

• kathryn
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 09:54:54 PM »
We've eaten a cucumber and had a lot of sugar snaps but the beans are not doing much, too cold and wet for the tomatoes and courgettes etc.

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 10:56:32 PM »
Hehehehe, my courgettes are growing lovely, we have loads on there and they are coming on apace.  Raking out the best courgette recipes I can find  ;)  What a bugger about your courgettes though you two, and the squashes Ness  :(  I've grown mine in a pot, and mixed tons of nut shells into the topsoil, the slugs seem to really hate them, I suppose it's uncomfortable to squelch over the top of 'em.  :-\

♥♥Tan♥♥

• Gay for Jammie, one step from leg dry hump!
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 10:12:26 AM »
I've had four dozen sausages off my sausage tree so far this year.

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2012, 10:31:33 AM »
Blimey Tan there must be more than your fair share of sunshine down your way then ;D

♥♥Tan♥♥

• Gay for Jammie, one step from leg dry hump!
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »
Nope, sausages love cloudy wet weather so luckily I'm onto a winner. ;)

sarah t

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »
i am going to make money from my nettle patch this year its been a bumper crop  :-\.. tea,soap,soup and whips  (going to charge extra for the ones the dog pees on )