Author Topic: Good, bad and ugly  (Read 3219 times)

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
Good, bad and ugly
« on: April 15, 2012, 01:48:24 PM »
I've had another play with some raku firing today, a couple of pieces are ok but most are not good. The rods sagged and some of the pieces touched, i did get some lustre and copper happening though so that's an improvement on the last firing.  I wish i had more time to practise, The beads are pretty rubbish, i don't think i got enough glaze on as the clay is showing through in some places.

IMG_3313 by kilnfiredart, on Flickr

The top 3 are quite nice, they have some nice colour , it doesn't show up too well in the picture

IMG_3314 by kilnfiredart, on Flickr

inkydoodlecrafts

Re: Good, bad and ugly
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:53:40 PM »
The one bottom left in the first pic, with the big hole is just gorgeous, looks like verdigris. They all look fab to me  ;D

Jo

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 02:33:53 PM »
i love the blue and the bottom green Jill you got some really nice colours there

turnedlight

• kathryn
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »
I love the bottom ones on the second picture, I think the bles and greens are beautiful!

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 03:27:31 PM »
it's really interesting getting feedback from you all, the ones i think are rubbish you peeps seem to like , some have bits where they stuck but maybe some aren't as fugly as i first thought

Cornish

• Magic happens
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 05:26:19 PM »
I love the colours. The round pendant on the left of the blue oval is my favourite, reminds me of the seaside.

LisaQuinn

• Lisa Quinn on Etsy
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 09:12:53 PM »
I think you've managed to get some beautiful colours there too Jill xx

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »
I'm loving the colours too. Then I would, they make me think of ancient pottery especially the ones with markings on them, just like the pottery found around Avebury. Its thought they used the ends of birds bones to make their designs. What did you use?

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 12:29:20 PM »
Thanks, i used the end of a metal tool i bought for metal clay, it's part of a set of double ended ones.  I can see how a small bone would work, or a twig. I sometimes paint with twigs, radical that i am, it has raised a few eyebrows I can tell ya.

I've been thinking about Roman Samian ware since last summer when they unearthed the bead and some pottery near my home. We have a Roman road running through our garden and a fort in a nearby field so I'm always inspired by the Romans.

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 01:47:24 PM »
wow i think they are pretty spesh!
no way can i see imperfections, they look usable and gorgeous from where i am sitting :)
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook