Author Topic: "Making Your Mark" project  (Read 14337 times)

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
"Making Your Mark" project
« on: January 26, 2012, 10:48:12 AM »
Remember I said I had a new ongoing project for my blog to give people the opportunity to try overglaze painting. Anna was the first victim and came around to mine and did a penwork tile.
I've managed to set up the blog page and I'm now looking for victims  :o
Firstly as this is open to anyone do you think I need a disclaimer on the page to cover myself against injury, death, loss or breakage etc ?  if so how would you word it?
I'd love it if children had a go but there's the issue with toxicity and powder inhalation and ingestion.

I originally intended doing this on my blog for free, providing materials, postage etc but i think I'll have to charge a small sum for this on the website. you never know I could be inundated  :o lol

I will not be charging CP folk , I thought if any of you would like to have a go you can come round and play in my studio in Skipton, or I can post out the pen and enamel to the first person, then they can post the tile to me (if they don't have a kiln), and then post materials ( pen and enamel) on to the second person. I'll fire then post the tiles back, how does that sound, and who's up for it?

Here's Anna's tile and the blog post, let me know if you think anything needs changing. Maybe a H&S  link and disclaimer needs adding, I don't want anyone poisoning themselves.
http://kilnfiredart.co.uk/blog/?page_id=1799

Here's a list of who's in
Julia
Jolene
Kerry
Saffie
Laney
Vic
Kayleigh
Nan
Sue
Jean

Sam, Tan, Nic are you in?

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
Re: "Making Your Mark" project
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »
Count me in, a declaimer wouldn't hurt at all.

Perhaps something like x, y, z materials must be treated with respect and care and x, y, z safety measure should be taken. All participants are responsible for their own safety on this project and Kiln Fired Art cannot be held responsible for......whatever it is you need to say here......

Black Heart Beads

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:48:35 PM »
I think it's great you are doing this and Anna your tile looks fab. Certainly add a disclaimer.

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
This sounds like fun. Anna's doodle tile is fantastic.

♥♥Tan♥♥

• Gay for Jammie, one step from leg dry hump!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »
I think this is a brilliant idea and admire you hugely for launching it, logisticially it throws up all sorts of what if's but the rewards of getting it out there far surpass the doubts..

Definitely some kind of disclaimer...........something like, If you lick it, like it, and lick it some more, when you start to pass out please head for the door.

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »
;D
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 04:13:27 PM »
What a response, I've always tried to promote overglaze painting and I devoted a lot of my time doing things for free in the past, demonstrating, working for organisations, writing for magazines etc.  Now I'm no longer involved with any of that, but now I can go about it in my own way.   ;D
OH is conversant with H&S so I'll get him to help be with a disclaimer.
Jo I'm glad you are up for it, c'mon folks don't be shy  ;)

Pandanimal

• I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started
    • Pandanimal Lampwork Glass
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »
I'm up for it too. What do I have to do?

jille

• I love my work
    • Kiln Fired Art shop
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
I get back to you Julia but basically i'll send you a pen and  overglaze pint, you will supply your tiles, you then do your doodles and post the tile to me for firing, if you don't have a kiln then I'll post it back. You then post the pen and overglaze to the next person or return to me if there isn't a next person.
We will have to ensure the tile doesn't get smudged in transit. It dries fairly hard, blutac and a sturdy box and bubble wrap me thinks.

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »
I have a kiln but it has a great big bead door at floor level which has space for mandrels to stick out of, no much cop for firing my tile I think ??? Can I please send mine back to you for firing please Jill and what kind of tile do I need to get?