Author Topic: Show us your Bags  (Read 17462 times)

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
Re: Show us your Bags
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »
Yep, I'm putting pony beads on to the ones for the teenies, and the ones aimed at the older kids I'm going to put lampies on.  A US friend of mine does it that way for her bag donations, she's been helping me over the internet with my sewing 'eeek' moments.  :)  And there were a few .... poor woman!

Jo

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »
Yep, I'm putting pony beads on to the ones for the teenies, and the ones aimed at the older kids I'm going to put lampies on.  A US friend of mine does it that way for her bag donations, she's been helping me over the internet with my sewing 'eeek' moments.  :)  And there were a few .... poor woman!

Oh brilliant thanks for that I was wondering wether to or not :) sorry you have had eek moments you seem to have Sussed  it now though  ;D

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »
Oh, I wouldn't say that ... it sounded like a herd of mice in an elephants dance studio in my house earlier  ;D  I think I may be getting a little bitty faster though ...
I wonder if the little will notice her pony bead stash diminishing ?  :-X

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 10:30:18 PM »
Made another one  :)

SDC11447 by awrylemming, on Flickr

I love this fabric, it's soooo pretty, nice to sew too  ;D

Jo

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
Sarah now has labels to put on the outside of the bags if you need some email her at sarah@bechildcanceraware.co.uk and she will post them out to you

SarahBCCA/BOC

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 06:00:03 PM »
Hi everyone, and WOW, the bags all look amazing thank you! I do have labels if anyone wants them, and please do add your cards (or I can send care notes to anyone) with a message for the child that receives your bag! It adds a little extra touch and some of them like to write and say thank you! We have today had announced in The Observer that Kara Tointon has come on board as the patron of Be Child Cancer aware and she is very keen on the beads of courage program! She will be helping out with "celebrity beads" where we send some of the beads that are donated, and a celebrity will carry them about for a couple of weeks, and then send a not of encouragement to the children to receive!
I am also in the process of creating a photo instructions page for the website, for those that prefer that to the written instructions! If anyone has any questions or would like labels or care notes, please feel free to email me on the email above! Thanks everyone!

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 06:23:04 PM »
I want to include notes, but I'm not quite sure how to phrase it?  I'm afraid age is addling me brain Sarah ...

SarahBCCA/BOC

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »
Your note can say anything which will just give them a bit of encouragement and to know someone (even if that someone doesnt know them) is thinking about them, and wishing them well.

In Teds bag it just had a label with the name and address of the lady that made it, and it just simply said For your beads!

The bags are about keeping their beads safe and helping them to take them about with them, so they can show people. If they are stitched with hope and love, then tell them that too! Sadly, not all of our kids will reach the end of their treatment, but they just need to believe they can!

It is just amazing for them to know there is an army of people out there, on their side doing great things for them!

If it comes from the heart it is the right thing! x

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2012, 07:21:55 PM »
Thanks  :-*

Jo

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 07:35:03 PM »
Send me some care notes aswell then Sarah please and I will add them in the bags x