Author Topic: Show us your Bags  (Read 17452 times)

Jo

Re: Show us your Bags
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 08:29:07 PM »
I've just bought some fab fabrics, looking forward to seeing what you come up with  ;D

and me  :)

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 10:25:33 AM »
Here we are, bought some lovely fabrics yesterday for the bags, and made one up (none too expertly) last night.

BOCbag by awrylemming, on Flickr

Could somebody tell me how to make neat cord ends?  These look a little tatty to me.  And a better way for attaching the beads perhaps?  :-*

Jo

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 11:25:38 AM »
Ooh great Sue, I'm going to glue the end of my cord so it doesent frey. I would have made beads to fit the cord or cord to fit the beads so they sit on the end.

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 01:50:08 PM »
I may use one of my big hole mandrels for the next ones ... but I didn't  :P

Quartz

• Smitten Kitten
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »
FRAY CHECK would be good for the cord ends ... doesn't discolour fabric, and it does what it says on the tin ;D x
*Nicola*

TwitterRavelryPinterestWebpageBlogFacebook

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »
Don't buy any fray check Sue, I've got some here you can use.

awrylemming

• Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »
I'll bring all of my bags up and sort the ends out before I send them then - ta Jo  :-*  I have enough of both fabrics to make perhaps 5 - 6 bags in each fabric, if Evie doesn't swipe one!

ETA I'm not sure if I should put this here, JO and JO, and if you think I should start a separate thread?  But I just wanted to say to any non beadmakers who want to make bags, if you'd like to add lampwork beads to your cord I'm more than happy to send these your way in whatever colour you need, although a little help with postage would be appreciated!

tinchick

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »
I was thinking I could make a few bags ... is there a time limit etc?

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 06:17:14 PM »
It's an ongoing thing Lesley, BoC are going to need regular donations of bags as well as beads ;D

Jo

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 06:17:25 PM »
I'll bring all of my bags up and sort the ends out before I send them then - ta Jo  :-*  I have enough of both fabrics to make perhaps 5 - 6 bags in each fabric, if Evie doesn't swipe one!

ETA I'm not sure if I should put this here, JO and JO, and if you think I should start a separate thread?  But I just wanted to say to any non beadmakers who want to make bags, if you'd like to add lampwork beads to your cord I'm more than happy to send these your way in whatever colour you need, although a little help with postage would be appreciated!

Sue that's very sweet of you, it's fine to add it here.  Just before we do though can we check with Sarah that it's ok to add them some of the children are very young and make carry the bags round with them themselves if you get my drift.

I was thinking I could make a few bags ... is there a time limit etc?

No there's no  time limit anyone can make them and send them to Sarah direct when they are finished  :)