Author Topic: Best place for fabric  (Read 5378 times)

Ness

Re: Best place for fabric
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »
Sue, I have some fabric to send you.   :)
I'd be interested to hear how the light you've just ordered is.  Very tempting.

Too many lovely fabrics about.... my sewing machine is at the back of the garage   :'(

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 11:34:40 PM »
I'll tell you once I've had a play - hoping to use it for piccies, this light is dreadful.  Oh, and torching too, so I can work in true colour rather than yellow light.  Excellent price eh?  I'll let you know as quickly as possible or the sale will be over.
I bought Evie some barbie dress patterns, this should be interesting - please tell me you're not sending her gold lame!

Ness

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 12:24:59 PM »
Gold lame - oh I would if I had any! lol!
I'll get some fabric sorted and ask Mum and her quilting buddies if they have any funky stuff they'll let me have too  ;D

awrylemming

• So many crafts, too little time
    • Flaming 'Eck
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 12:35:39 PM »
Thanks hun  :-*

Ruthie

• A & R Jewellery
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 07:52:59 PM »
Oh thanks for all these lovely links, I'm intending to start making my own clothes again this year and have been disparing at the choices of boring fabric I found, now I've got loads to search through. Though first things first - I've got to remember how to make block patterns as I'm now much larger and curvier than the average gal......

Petal

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »
OMG those links are utterly gorgeous.  Stop it you lot.  Its bad enough looking at all the tool sights for those gorgeous bits of jewellery making equipment - now I've gone all gooey about fabric too!

They are utterly yummy. 
Jules x

It is better to be thought of as a fool in silence, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Clasibags

• Clasibags
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »
Pity you are not in the north west this store is fab for off cuts of material they price it by the kilo so you can get real bargains, they also sell online http://www.abakhan.co.uk/

Petal

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 11:13:37 PM »
Thanks for the link Claire.  Chester is  not too far from me, or Stoke.  I'll have a longer look at that website - thanks. xx
Jules x

It is better to be thought of as a fool in silence, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Ruthie

• A & R Jewellery
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 06:09:41 PM »
I've not tried these but love the idea - design your own fabric prints or just lust after the ones already done.

http://www.spoonflower.com/welcome

flamingbeads

• Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no one
    • Flaming Beads
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 07:57:37 PM »
My fabric house is one I've had experience with....great, great service, fast and gorgeous stuff ;D