Author Topic: Beads of courage bags  (Read 11096 times)

Jo

Beads of courage bags
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »
Here's another way anyone of us could get involved specially if we dident make beads and perfect for left over material, little bags for the beads and bracelets, this is from 'Be Child Cancer Aware'  site but they are also on FB

http://www.bechildcanceraware.org/beads-of-courage/bead-bags/

Be Child Cancer Aware
If you are going to make some bead bags for us, and you would like the child who receives it to have your name, address and a little note then please do include it with them and I will ensure they are passed on! Ted received one with his bead bag and it is lovely for him to keep, but also so he could write and send a thank you :)

Jo

Re: Beads of courage bags
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 09:08:51 PM »
From what I can tell from the Be Child Cancer Aware site only two hospitals have the beads of courage as yet we need to make more beads folks and help get this rolled out to more hospitals

Black Heart Beads

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 11:21:44 PM »
I have been slack on this one so will set aside a day for making beads and if I can clear enough clutter away to make room for my sewing machine some bags as well.

Jolene

• Colour, it's like flavour for your eyeballs
  • Administrator
  • Jo x
    • Kitzbitz Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 11:36:14 PM »
Thanks for putting this up Jo, I didn't know there were other ways we CP'ers could help  :-*

Jo x

flamingbeads

• Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no one
    • Flaming Beads
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 08:03:22 AM »
Awwww Jo....that sounds like a lovely way to do more!!... ;D
Can you send the bags with more beads in?...or would they just like the bag/s?.. :-*

Clasibags

• Clasibags
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 08:08:10 AM »
Only just seen this, what a wonderful idea, I will try and get some little bags made up

Jo

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 08:17:07 AM »
Awwww Jo....that sounds like a lovely way to do more!!... ;D
Can you send the bags with more beads in?...or would they just like the bag/s?.. :-*

I think they would be pleased with Either Gerogie, I think now parents have heard its happening they are really keen for there kids to have them also some children have a lot of beads!

Izzybeads

• Smile and the world smiles with you :)
    • Izzybeads
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 08:43:32 AM »
Aw pants, I don't sew  :(   Girlie does, but she is also 15 and pinning her down to ahem...alter my bra strap...is trouble enough (she has had two weeks, they are swinging on the floor!!  ::) ;D)  Would someone like to make bags if I send the beadies to them? 

Jo

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 08:45:41 AM »
Izzy just send beads that's fine you don't have to do both, it's just on this forum not everyone makes beads  :)

flamingbeads

• Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no one
    • Flaming Beads
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 08:48:51 AM »
D'ya know Laney...I might take you up on that one!!..as unless I have someone breathing down my neck, I'd probably keep meaning to do it, but never quite get round to it!!... ;)